The ‘Golden Hour’.
So you want to learn about golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to have portrait sessions. I’m going to tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that my open availability for sessions is in the evening before sunset. There are some daytime sessions available, but I prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is great because the variety of lighting it provides. Watching the vivid sun set during Golden Hour over the ocean is breathtaking. All the makings for magnificent portraits!
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light during Golden Hour.
- There are no harsh shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- The sun is hot and strong here in Hawaii. Photo sessions during the midday hours can be uncomfortable, especially if there is sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
This portrait session was photographed on the North Shore of Oahu with beautiful Anisha. I saw her one day at the North Shore Saturday Market and just had to introduce myself because I loved her vibe and big smile. We exchanged info and were on the beach a week later for her portrait session. Anisha was so fun work with. She has a great energy, she was excited and up for anything. She totally owned her session and was a natural in front of the camera. It was such a pleasure to spend the evening with her, kinda felt like we were just playing around the whole time. Yeah, I love my job that much!!
Keri is now booking portrait sessions for Summer and Fall 2017! For rates and availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: New feed